Dr Virginia Solomon
M.B.B.S (Hons.) U.N.S.W., Dip. Obs., F.R.A.C.G.P
Dr Solomon has special interests in Women's Health, Paediatrics (including neo-natal), adolescent health, obstetrics, dermatology, preventive medicine. As a mother of three, Dr Solomon has both personal as well as professional experience to offer.
Dr Solomon is accredited to do Ante-Natal and
Pregnancy shared care.
Dr Solomon's Hours
Monday 8.30 am to 5 00 pm
Tuesday 1 00 pm to 5 00 pm
Wednesday 8.30 am to 5 00 pm
Friday 8.30 am to 5 00 pm
Dr Linda Lombard
MBchB FRACGP Dip Trop Med (London)
Dip Family Planning (London)
Dr Linda Lombard has extensive experience as a General practitioner for over 10 years in Australia and has worked as a doctor for over 20 years She has a warm compassionate manner and is known for spending time with her patients and being interest in all aspects of their health and well-being. She is interest in all aspects of general practice and is happy to see new patients at any time. She has worked in Australia, South Africa and the UK and has worked in many diverse setting with experience amongst other things in children hospitals, sexual health, family planning, travel medicine. She is a Fellow of Royal Australian College of GP and has also done further training in Antenatal Care with the Royal Hospital for Women. She has a Diploma in Family Planning and a Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Public Health and has worked in sexual health clinics, family planning clinics and travel clinics both in Australia and the UK. She maintains regular updates on all aspects of General Practice as well as good relationships with local specialists.
Dr Lombard offers:
- check-ups for both acute and chronic illness
- advice both pre travel vaccinations and post travel follow up .she has travelled extensively herself so brings her own personal experience as well as medical knowledge to all aspects of travel medicine
- -vaccinations, well baby check-ups, managing acute illness and routine follow ups and liaising with specialists and early childhood nurses
Pap smear/breast checks
Up to date contraceptive choices and fertility issues.
- Pregnancy/Antenatal care - She is accredited to do antenatal shared care.
- Menopause management - both lifestyle and medical approach and is a member of the Australian menopause society so is up to date with regular research regarding current menopause management.
- She offers mental health care plans under the current Medicare scheme to access psychologists. She is able to offer support for both acute and chronic mental health issues.
- Dr Lombard offers health checks ups for men at all stages of life including prostate checks and cardiovascular risk assessment.
- Dr Lombard is able to offer support and regular review for elderly patients as well as Care plans for chronic medical issue to access allied health care under Medicare.
Dr Lombard has 2 children of her own and has travelled extensively so brings her own personal experience as well as medical training to her role as a Family GP.
Dr Lombard's Hours
Every second Tuesday 9am - 11.00 am
Thursday 9am - 11.00 am
B Sc (Hons) Psych & Soc, M Soc Work/Grp Psych
Member: Australian Psychological Society (APS)
I am passionate about helping young people and their parents overcome difficulties and relate better to one another. I enjoy helping my adolescent clients build psychological and social resilience so they can face challenges with strength and a solid sense of identify and self-worth. I also enjoy working with couples and families.
I have worked in the field of psychology for many years including working in schools, commercial organizations and private practice. My psychology career began at the Orthogenic School, University of Chicago. In 2013 I immigrated to Australia and started working at Reddam School – as the school psychologist for 4 years. There I worked with students from year 6 to year 12 and HSC and developed a study skills program including
the Growth Mind Set (Carol Dweck).
My goal as a psychologist is to help my clients find new and effective ways to manage and overcome stress, anxiety and depression; to develop a more robust sense of self-esteem; to build resilience and to improve the quality of their relationships with family, peers and colleagues. When I work with parents, I enjoy assisting them to grow their adult capabilities to make their parenting easier and more effective.
As an adolescent psychologist, I think that the latest paradigm shift to the cyber world has both positives and negatives. It is important to maximize the positives of the cyber world and manage the challenges, and my role is to assist young people and their parents work through these challenges. I have a particular interest in social media and gaming and a rich understanding of the issues facing young people today.
I am an integrative therapist and make use of many psychological models including Schema Therapy, CBT, ACT, EFT, Positive Psychology, Mindfulness, Rogerian Therapy and Psychodynamic Therapy – depending on my clients’ needs and emotional resources.
I strongly believe that we are all entitled to the best life we can have and am
humbled by the opportunity to be part of my clients’ journey in achieving that
Please contact our surgery for appointments.